- Since the product is ready to use, there is enormous saving of labour, time, energy, material handling on site & supervision. (Separate inventory of cement, sand, additives & water is needed in conventional practice).
- The mason need not be supervised as no addition of any ingredient is needed on site.
- Internal logistics on site is also saved due to one time inventory.
- The product is smooth / soft & needs less effort to spread compared to the conventional cement mortar. It spreads like butter thus saving time & labour.
- 50% labour saving - thus saving human power.
- 50 % saving of time - results in faster construction.
- Since there is no wastage of material even during application, the site remains clean.
Value Addition : Strong and lasting construction
- All the products show excellent bonding, adhesion to the substrates.
- he presence of optimal polymers prevents cracks thus protecting the surface from the moisture & pollutants ingress.
- The pot life is more than 7 to 8 hours in open pot & 20 to 25 days if sealed & kept in container. This saves lot of material wastage.
- Since the product is ready to use, involves no addition of any chemicals or water on site, it is quality controlled at production end & possibility of contamination on site is eliminate.
Saving of carbon foot print
@ 60% to 75% by material to material comparison (based on data by ICE) A 1000 sq.ft. flat or a premises has @4000sft of masonry work and @8000 sq.ft. of plastering work including internal walls and excluding openings, by thumb rule. A housing complex of say 20 floors with 4 flats on each floor will amount to @100000 sq. of floor space which means 4.00 lacs sq.ft. of masonry and 8.00 lacs sq. ft. of plastering. By studying this we can calculate roughly how much cement, sand and water can be saved (As per ICE - Inventory of carbon Energy (www.bath.ac.uk/mech-eng/sert/embodied). Cement mortar 1:6 has embodied carbon of 0.136kgCO2/kg and 0.177 kgCO2/kg, which means manufacturing 1 ton of cement releases @ 900kg of CO2 for every 1000kg of cement produced. (As per information available in various articles and internet) That means by saving 9 tons of cement we can save 8100kg CO2 and so on.
- Electrical requirement varies from @ 0.5 to 0.7 KWH / ton of production.
- On site, there is no need for separate inventory of individual ingredients such as cement, sand and water which is essential in conventional practice. This saves electrical energy needed for storage & transport of water from storage to work area.
- Human energy is saved due to onetime transport of the ready material - Separate labour & time is required to carry cement bags, sand, Gradation of sand by sieving, pre-wetting of masonry units, post curing of constructed walls, plastered walls and other additives in conventional method are eliminated, which is mandatory in case of conventional materials & process.
- he material is light weight compared to conventional mortar, which makes the application easy, as less effort is needed to spread & apply the material.
- Less material requirement helps in saving the precious natural materials.
Special feature which make product suitable for various conditions
All Green Build Products are tested for performance in extreme climatic conditions. All Green Build products are suitable for application in Deserts, at high altitudes, Coastal areas with high humidity. The performance of products is independent of pressure and temperature but the drying time is directly proportional the ambient humidity.
Pot Life, Storage Conditions and Shelf Life
The pot life of all Green Build Products is substantial. Unpack the bag and take the product into a pot it can remain usable for about 6 to 8 hours, when kept in shade. In extreme temperature conditions the upper layer may get dried hard, mass is still usable.
Depending upon temperature conditions, if the upper layer loses some water, it is advisable to remove the same and use lower portion. If the remaining material which is kept in a closed container / pot, it can be reused till next 15 days.
- Do not apply product in falling rain, submersed surfaces / construction.
- Extended drying time in case of high humid climatic conditions.
The sealed containers/ bags should be stored in shade & cool conditions.Direct exposure to sun, heat etc. is not recommended. High humid conditions are also recommended for longer shelf life.
Under normal temperature conditions between 5°C to 35°C. Relative Humidity (RH) 30 to 70% Using proper storage, the shelf life of the product is 120 days.
- Green Build Products are time conservative - thus resulting in faster construction which is advantageous to both the builder as well as the applicator.
- There are no toxic emissions either at production end or at application end.
- Green Build Products are resistant to cracks thus protecting the surface from the moisture & pollutants ingress.
- The pot life is more than 6 to 8 hours in open pot & 20 to 25 days if sealed & kept in container / bag. This saves lot of material wastage.
- Since the products are ready to use, and involve no addition of any chemicals or water on site, the quality controlled at production end & possibility of contamination on site is eliminated.